I guess pretty much everyone has heard of the “You Might Be A Redneck If” jokes, created by Jeff Foxworthy, but have you thought that there are probably just as many “You Might Be A Yankee If” jokes.
Sure, why shouldn’t there be Yankee jokes as well as Redneck jokes!
If you come from the North, how many of these can you identify with?
- You’ve never had an RC cola.
- You have no idea what a polecat is.
- You think Heinz ketchup is really spicy.
- You want your son to grow up to be a lawyer instead of having his own fishing show.
- You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
- You don’t know what a moon pie is.
- You have no problems pronouncing “Worcestershire sauce.”
- You think barbecue is a verb meaning “to cook outside.”
- You’ve never eaten okra, fried or boiled.
- For breakfast, you prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.
- You’ve never planned a vacation around a gun and knife show.
- You don’t know anyone with at least two first names, i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Bunna Dean, Bubba Joe, or Mary Alice.
- You can do your laundry without quarters.
- You don’t have any hats that advertise feed stores.
- You don’t have a single can of WD-40 anywhere in the house.
- You think more money should go to important scientific research at the university than to pay the salary of the football coaches.
- You’ve never been to a craft show.
- None of your fur coats are homemade.
- You don’t think Ted Kennedy has an accent.
- You prefer vacationing at Martha’s Vineyard instead of Six Flags.
So, how many did you identify with? We would love you to leave us a comment to let us know.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingcollege/19126214671/