You know you are getting older when…
- Your doctor doesn’t give you x-rays anymore but just holds you up to the light.
- A hot looking girl catches your eye and your pacemaker opens the garage door nearest you.
- You remember when the Dead Sea was only sick.
- Your wife says, “Let’s go upstairs and make love” and you answer, “Honey, I can’t do both!”
- Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
- You don’t care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don’t have to go along.
It’s no fun getting older is it. We often make fun of it, but when things stop working or don’t work as well as they used to, it’s frustrating. If you are of a certain age you will know what I mean.
I know I find it hard to do some of the things that I used to. It’s not so much the physical things, it’s trying to organise myself and to do mental things that is far harder than it used to be. Well, that and having to wear glasses to see properly, or to try and see properly.
It’s definitely frustrating isn’t it. So, what frustrates you about getting older? Please leave a comment and let us know. I’m sure there are a few things that niggle a number of us all regularly as we age and I bet you have some funny stories to tell as well about getting older.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://pixabay.com/photos/old-pensioners-isolated-man-woman-2742052/