When I first read this list of top ten reasons to become a nurse, it was a few years ago and I found it really funny at the time.
Having just come across it again, it seems to me that especially during this Coronavirus outbreak, some of the reasons on the list are particularly relevant now more than ever.
I hope you enjoy this list, and if so, please forward to friends who work in the health profession. They are all heroes.
- Nursing pays better than fast food, though the hours aren’t as good.
- You get to wear fashionable shoes & sexy white uniforms.
- Nurses get to use needles: It’s better to give than to receive.
- Nurses get to reassure your patients that all bleeding stops… eventually.
- Expose yourself to rare, exotic, & exciting new diseases.
- Nurses get to experience interesting aromas.
- Courteous & infallible doctors who always leave clear orders in perfectly legible handwriting.
- Nurses do enough charting to navigate around the world.
- You can celebrate the holidays with all your friends…. at work.
- Take comfort that most of your patients survive no matter what you do to them.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nursing_students.jpg