Having just come across it again, it seems to me that especially during this Coronavirus outbreak, some of the resaons on the list are particularly relevant now more than ever.
I hope you enjoy this list, and if so, please forward to friends who work in the health profession. They are all heroes.
- Nursing pays better than fast food, though the hours aren’t as good.
- You get to wear fashionable shoes & sexy white uniforms.
- Nurses get to use needles: It’s better to give than to receive.
- Nurses get to reassure your patients that all bleeding stops… eventually.
- Expose yourself to rare, exotic, & exciting new diseases.
- Nurses get to experience interesting aromas.
- Courteous & infallible doctors who always leave clear orders in perfectly legible handwriting.
- Nurses do enough charting to navigate around the world.
- You can celebrate the holidays with all your friends…. at work.
- Take comfort that most of your patients survive no matter what you do to them.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nursing_students.jpg