Fortunately, my wife and I have found the secret to a happy marriage, making a marriage work, and we do (for the most part at least) have a happy marriage.
Some marriages work, while others don’t, which is great if yours does work, but life can be hell if you are in a marriage that just isn’t working.
It’s not been easy of course. It’s taken a number of years to figure out, and this is her second marriage, which it’s actually my third!
But finally, lessons learned, we have found a formula that works, and would like to share some tips on how to make a marriage happy.
- Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, have a little wine, some good food and companionship. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
- We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in Florida and mine is in New York.
- I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
- I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. “Somewhere I haven’t been in a long time!” she said. So I suggested the kitchen.
- We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
- She has an electric blender, electric toaster, and electric bread maker. Then she said, “There are too many gadgets, and no place to sit down!” So I bought her an electric chair.
- My wife told me the car wasn’t running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was, she told me, “In the lake.”
- My wife is on a new diet. Coconuts and bananas. She hasn’t lost weight, but BOY, can she climb a tree now!
- She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
- She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, “Am I too late for the garbage?” The driver said, “No, jump in!”
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://pixnio.com/media/gateway-groom-bride-gate-hugging