Mobile phones and texting have been around for a number of years now and being a senior myself I think there should be a code for texting for seniors.
Young people have their own language for texting, so why shouldn’t us old folks have one as well!
Short codes are always handy when texting, having to type messages in full is tedious on a phone and youngsters have a lot that they use all the time. There definitely ought to be one for us old fart seniors as well.
Here are some texting codes that would be really handy for us old ‘uns to use:
- ATD: At the Doctor’s
- BFF: Best Friends Funeral
- BTW: Bring the Wheelchair
- BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
- CBM: Covered by Medicare
- CUATSC: See You at the Senior Center
- DWI: Driving While Incontinent
- FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
- GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
- GHA: Got Heartburn Again
- HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
- LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
- LOL: Living on Lipitor
- OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas
- TOT: Texting on Toilet
- WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chanceprojects/41405799850