There are many jokes and stories about Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden, but this one is a bit different in that it raises the question as to why God created Eve.
Having created Adam, God realised that he wasn’t perfect (and I can see all you ladies now joining in agreement with that). But God didn’t just create Eve as a “companion”, to have someone to talk to…
Knowing how “us” men are in their ways, God realised that Adam needed someone to help keep him on he straight and narrow (although look how that worked out!), and to provide guidance for him (albeit in a twisted way).
So, here are ten reasons why God created Eve…
- God was worried that Adam would frequently become lost in the garden because he would not ask for directions.
- God knew that one day Adam would require someone to locate and hand him the remote.
- God knew Adam would never go out and buy himself a new fig leaf when his wore out and would therefore need Eve to buy one for him.
- God knew Adam would never be able to make a doctor’s, dentist, or haircut appointment for himself.
- God knew Adam would never remember which night to put the garbage on the curb.
- God knew if the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle the pain and discomfort of childbearing.
- As the Keeper of the Garden, Adam would never remember where he left his tools.
- Apparently, Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the garden.
- As the Bible says, It is not good for man to be alone!
- When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched his head, and said, “I can do better than that!”
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jan_Brueghel_de_Oude_en_Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_Het_aards_paradijs_met_de_zondeval_van_Adam_en_Eva.jpg