This is an experiment in switching mobile phones and no it’s not about switching from an iPhone to an Android phone or vice versa.
Having read this, do you think the responses would the same if things were reversed and the women’s husbands were sending the first message?
So, a group of married women were attending a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband.
The women were all asked, “How many of you love your husband?”
Naturally, all the women raised their hands.
Then they were asked, “When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?”
Some women answered today, a few yesterday and some just couldn’t remember.
As an experiment, the women were then told to take out their mobile phones and to text to their husband: “I love you sweetheart”.
The women were then told to switch their mobile phone with another person in the room and to read aloud the text message they received back.
Here are some of the replies:
- Who the hell is this?
- Eh, mother of my children, are you sick or what?
- Yeah and I love you too. What’s up with you??
- What now? Did you wreck the car again?
- I don’t understand what you mean?
- What the _ did you do now?
- You’re kidding, right?
- Don’t beat about the bush; just tell me how much you need?
- Am I dreaming?
- If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for…
But my favorite has to be:
- Your mother is coming to stay with us, isn’t she?
What does this tell you about modern North American men and most likely men from other countries as well for that matter.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://pixabay.com/photos/woman-adult-inside-people-window-3083387/