Here is a hilarious list of signs you are already an adult. The funny thing is that despite this being a humorous list, many of the items on there are true for me and I bet they are for you as well.
We all do crazy things when we are in our teenage years, but as we get older, we gradually realize that we have grown up and become adults.
If you are not sure whether you have grown up or not, here are some signs that show if you are already an adult or not:
- Your potted plants stay alive.
- The thought of having sex in a twin sized bed is crazy.
- You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
- 6am is when you get up, not when you go to sleep.
- You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
- You carry an umbrella.
- You watch the Weather Channel.
- Your friends marry and divorce instead of hookup and breakup.
- You go from 130 days of vacation time to 10.
- Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as “dressed up”.
- You’re the one calling the police because those darn kids next door don’t know how to turn down their music.
- The noise the kids next door are making doesn’t even qualify as music.
- Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
- You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
- Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
- You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald’s.
- Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
- You no longer take naps from noon to 6pm.
- Dinner and a movie is now the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
- MTV News is no longer your primary source for information.
- You go to the drugstore for Ibuprofen and antacids, not condoms and pregnancy test kits.
- A $4 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good stuff”.
- You actually eat breakfast foods at breakfast time.
- Grocery lists are longer than macaroni & cheese, diet Pepsi & Ding Dongs.
- “I just can’t drink the way I used to” replaces “I’m never going to drink that much again”.
- Over 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
- You don’t drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
- You read this entire list looking for one sign that doesn’t apply to you.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://pixabay.com/illustrations/top-top-ten-best-hit-parade-charts-95717/