Sometimes it’s hard for us older folk, “seniors” if you want to call us that, to keep up with current dress code trends and to not just look “old” like our parents and grandparents.
Many of us “Old Folks” (those over 50, WAY over 50, or hovering near 50) are quite confused about how we should present ourselves.
We are unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to Conform to current fashions.
We definitely DON’T want to look old and “fuddy-duddy” like our grandparents did, but knowing what goes with what when it comes to fashion these days is a bit of a mystery as well.
Friends, despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:
- A nose ring and bifocals
- Spiked hair and bald spots
- A pierced tongue and dentures
- Miniskirts and support hose
- Ankle bracelets and corn pads
- Speedos and cellulite
- A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
- Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
- Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
- Bikinis and liver spots
- Short shorts and varicose veins
- Inline skates and a walker
And last, but not least…my personal favorite
- Thongs and Depends
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_competitive_swimwear