The clerk asks, “Are you Polish?”
The man, who is clearly offended by this question, asks the clerk, “Yes I am. But let me ask you something”.
The man then proceeds with a number of questions:
- If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?
- Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?
- Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?
- Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican?
- Or if I asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?
The clerk, rather emparrassed, says, “No, I probably wouldn’t.”
The man says, “Well then, because I asked for Polish sausage, why did you ask me if I’m Polish?”
The clerk replied, “Because you are in Home Depot.”
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage#/media/File:Kielbasa7.jpg