Let me tell you about my doctor, he is genuinely one of a kind.
- My doctor is very good. If you tell him you want a second opinion, he will go out and come in again.
- My doctor always does things by the book., He treated a woman for yellow jaundice for three years before he realized that she was Chinese.
- Another time he gave a patient six months to live. At the end of the six months, the patient hadn’t paid his bill, so the doctor gave him another six months.
- While my doctor was talking to me his nurse came in and said, “Doctor, there is a man here who thinks he is invisible.” The doctor said, “Well tell him I can’t see him.”
- Another time a man came running into the doctor’s office and yelled out, “Doctor, doctor, my son just swallowed a roll of film.” The doctor calmly replied, “Let’s just wait and see what develops.”
- One patient came in and said, “Doctor, I have a serious memory problem.” The doctor asked, “When did it start? “The man replied, “When did what start?”
- I remember one time I told my doctor I had a ringing in my ears. His advice: “Don’t answer it.”
- My doctor sure has his share of nut cases. One said to him, “Doctor, I think I’m a bell.” The doctor gave him some pills and said, “Here, take these. If they don’t work, give me a ring.”
- Another patient told the doctor that he thought he was a deck of cards. The doctor simply said, “Go sit over there. I’ll deal with you later.”
- When I told my doctor I had broken my leg in two places, he told me to stop going to those places.
- You know, doctors can be so frustrating. You wait a month and a half for an appointment and then he says, “I wish you had come to me sooner”. Now isn’t that the truth!
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sophistechate/2670224692