This is a Top Ten List of extracts from actual letters sent to Housing Associations by renters.
Whether these are actually actual (like that?) or fabricated responses, we found them pretty funny and hope you do as well.
I guess we have all written something without checking and reading it back afterwards, only to find to our embarrassment that what we said either doesn’t make sense or has a double meaning. I know I have been guilty, as work too!
Enough of my waffle though. Here’s the list and I hope you get a few laughs out of them.
- I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly when he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.
- Our neighbour’s 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.
- I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is coming away from the wall.
- Will you please send someone to mend the garden path. My wife tripped and fell on it yesterday and now she is pregnant?
- Will you please send a man to look at my water? It is a funny color and not fit to drink.
- Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
- The man next door has a large erection in the garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
- Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two small children and would like a third, so please send someone round to do something about it.
- I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat. Would you please do something about the noise made by the man I have on top of me every night.
- Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://www.flickr.com/photos/lydiashiningbrightly/3359797177/in/pool-leamwar