We all know that men and women drive differently. Well at least stereotypically they do, meaning that not all men are good drivers, and of course not all women are bad drivers either.
And both men and women love to go on a road trip. But here is where the big difference lies, because of the different ways that men and women’s brains work.
Men like to believe that they are the better drivers, and know where they are going, and will set off on a road trip without a lot of planning, winging it if something goes wrong or if they forgot something.
Women on the other hand, are far more likely to ask for help if something unexpected happens.
So, here in a nutshell, is how men and women stereotypically differ when they take a road trip.
A WOMAN’S ROAD TRIP:
- Pulls off at wrong exit.
- Opens window.
- Asks directions of a knowledgeable police officer.
- Arrives at destination presently.
A MAN’S ROAD TRIP:
- Pulls off at wrong exit absolutely positive it’s the correct one.
- Drives five miles into wilderness, still thinks he’s right.
- Drives an extra 5 miles just in case.
- Finally rolls down window.
- Hocks a loogie .
- Pulls up to a 7 -11 .
- Gets three hot-dogs, a large slurpee, and beef jerky.
- Asks person behind counter how to get back onto the highway.
- Gets back into car.
- After he closes the door.
- Laughs at the idea of looking at a map as he pulls away from the 7-11.
- Drives down a dirt road with no street lights insisting this is the way back because guy from 7-11 said it was.
- Almost hits a deer.
- Curses the night.
- Curses you.
- Curses the large slurpee.
- Stops by the side of the road.
- Takes a leak.
- Still taking a leak.
- Almost done.
- I think.
- Returns to car.
- Drives and fiddles with radio.
- Yells at you for suggesting the map again.
- Admits he didn’t want to go to Thanksgiving at your sister’s anyway.
- He hates your sister.
- Ever since she called him a pernicious weasel.
- He had to look up pernicious.
- Couldn’t find a dictionary.
- Finally found a dictionary.
- Couldn’t spell pernicious.
- Seethes at the memory of it all.
- But she is laughing inside…
- And of course you’re still lost.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:California_Roadtrip_2010_-_panoramio.jpg