Home Improvement Project

Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/emilybieman/16426472936Have you ever had a home improvement project that went wrong in an unexpected way?

It all started when my wife, Julie, had been after me for several weeks to varnish our wooden toilet seat.

I finally got around to doing it one day while Julie was out shopping, thinking that I would surprise her when she returned.

After finishing the varnishing job, I went out to take care of another matter before she returned.

She came home from shopping and prepared to take a shower, but before getting in the shower, she got undressed and then sat on the toilet.

As she tried to stand up, she realised that the epoxy paint hadn’t had enough time to dry, and she had ended up glued to the toilet seat.

Shortly afterwards, I got home and realised her predicament.

We both pushed and pulled without any success whatsoever. Her backside was well and truly stuck to the toilet seat, and it didn’t seem like she was going to come free any time soon.

Finally, in desperation, I undid the toilet seat bolts.

Julie wrapped a sheet around herself, and I drove her to the hospital emergency room.

The Doctor in the emergency room got her into a position where he could study how to free her (try to get a mental picture of this).

Julie tried to lighten the embarrassment of it all by saying, “Well, Doctor, I’ll bet you’ve never seen anything like this before.”

The Doctor, not missing a beat replied, “Actually I’ve seen lots of them…… I just never saw one mounted and framed before! ”


Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/emilybieman/16426472936

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Follow by Email
Facebook
Facebook
Pinterest