We all know that in Winter, driving in blizzard conditions when the snow is coming down thick and fast, can be really hazardous and if you are travelling anywhere you ought to take extra precautions.
A government warning was recently issued that anyone traveling in icy or blizzard conditions should take:
- A shovel, blankets or sleeping bag
- Extra clothing including scarf, hat and gloves
- 24 hours supply of food and drink
- 5lbs of rock salt
- A flashlight with spare batteries
- Road flares and reflective triangles
- A tow rope
- A 5 gallon gas can
- A first aid kit
- Jumper cables
Well, I felt like a complete idiot on the bus this morning.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://pixabay.com/photos/snow-car-child-smile-stuck-winter-170131/