At a recent medical convention, doctors were asked their opinions regarding the bailout/rescue plan for the US economy that had been voted on by Congress.
The following are their opinions:
- Allergists voted to scratch it
- Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves
- Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling
- Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve!
- Obstetricians said we were laboring under a misconception
- Ophthalmologists flat out vetoed the bill as being short-sighted
- Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!”
- Pediatricians rallied to chant, “Oh, Grow up!”
- Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness
- Radiologists could see right through it
- Surgeons agreed to cut it up and wash their hands of it
- Internists thought it was a bitter pill we have to swallow
- Plastic Surgeons said, “This puts a whole new face on things”
- Podiatrists thought it was a step forward
- Urologists said the it would not hold water
- Anesthesiologists noted that the whole idea was a gas
- Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no
- A final opinion was voiced by a coalition of Proctologists who advised everyone to leave the financial fiasco with the ass holes in Washington who caused it in the first place.
Although this joke is now rather old, times haven’t really changed, and it’s only a matter of time before the next major bailout is required, especially the way things are going and then this joke will suddenly become current again.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2008_Joseph_Martin_Conference_Center_Harvard_Medical_School_2688551255.jpg