Church bulletins like any others can be full of spelling mistakes and other common grammatical errors.
Here are some wonderful examples of church bulletins that can be taken the wrong way:
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- This afternoon services will be held at the north and south ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- The Little Mothers Club will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday. All wishing to become Little Mothers, please see the minister in his private study.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- Next week we will take a collection to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet should come forward and get a piece of paper.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in the church basement today.
- A bean supper will be held on Thursday evening. Music will follow.
- The Senior Choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4194393