There is nothing quite like the smell of meat cooking on the barbecue on a hot sunny summer day, don’t you agree.
It is therefore important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it’s the only type of cooking that a “real” man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved, and let’s face it, us men do love playing with fire, right!
When a man volunteers to do the barbecueing, the following chain of events are put into motion:
This is the routine..
- The woman buys the food.
- The woman makes thesalad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
- The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – beer in hand.
Here comes the important part:
- The man places the meat on the grill.
- The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
- The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
- The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
- The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
- After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
- Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
- The man asks the woman how she enjoyed “her night off.” And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.
Ah the joys of barbecueing. Don’t you just love cooking outdoors guys?
“Sweetheart, could you pass me out another beer please…”
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BBQ_Food.jpg