I thought that these thoughts for today about things that we come to realize as we grow older, might hopefully help to get your day off to a positive start.
Whether you are rich or poor, as long as you have enough, you can enjoy life just as much as someone who has too much to know what to do with it.
As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that:
Whether we wear a $300 or $30 watch – – – they both tell the same time.
Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag – – – the amount of money inside is the same.
Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $30 or $3 wine – – – the hangover is the same.
Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 or 30,000 sq. ft. – – – the loneliness is the same.
And we realize our true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down – – – we go down with it.
Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane reaches its destination – – -everyone arrives at the same time.
Therefore . . . we should realize that when we have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, with whom we can chat, laugh, talk, sing, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth — that is true happiness!
Six Undeniable Facts of Life:
- Don’t educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value of things, not the price.
- Best wise words: “Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food.”
- The one who loves you will never leave you because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he or she will find one reason to hold on.
- There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few folks really understand that.
- You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, you have to manage!
- If you just want to walk fast, walk alone; but, if you want to walk far, walk together!
Six Best Doctors in the World:
- Self Confidence
And, finally: The nicest place to be is in someone’s thoughts, the safest place to be is in someone’s prayers, and the very best place to be is – – – in the hands of God.
Image used under a Collective Commons License from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickgray/3571665463