I am picking up my new car next week and the license plate has the letters LTO in it. I have been trying to figure out a good acronym to go with it, but just can’t come up with the perfect one. Any ideas?
The first thing that I found when Googling was Linear Tape-Open, which refers to old (I mean seriously old) computer tapes. I know I have worked in the IT industry for a number of years, but that doesn’t sound very trendy does it. Most people wouldn’t get it, and I don’t think I could be bothered to have to try and explain either.
Then I fortunately came across a list of Acronyms for LTO, which has given me a few ideas such as:
- Land Trade Office – hmm not exactly relevent.
- Long Term Outcome – don’t exactly find that catchy.
- License To Occupy – possible. It’s my car after all.
- Limited Time Only – not bad, I am getting it on a 4 year lease.
- Long Term Orbit – a GPS term apparently. I don’t intend to drive quite that fast in it!
- Low Temperature Oxidation – nope! Doesn’t sound good, and I don’t plan to drive it on the beach either, corrosion of any form is bad news.
- Lettuce Tomato and Onion – catchy, but I have no intention of dropping the contents of my sandwiches in the car.
- License To Operate – just call me Bond, James Bond… hmmm maybe…
- Laboratory Training Office – I think conducting science experiments in my car is a bit dodgy…
- Local Terminal Operator – well I don’t like to think that my driving could end up terminal! Think again…
Well, after all that research, I am so far mostly in favour of Limited Time Only or License To Occupy.
Any thoughts or suggestions for me?
No, the image isn’t of my new car or old car lol.